Well, the good news is I have ships travelling to and from various ports on the map on their own.. The bad news, that was a hell of a chore.. I fought this thing for hours and hours and hours trying to get this A* pathfinding class to work properly.. Worked great with 1 ship.. as soon as i added another, something really hosed up happened and it starts combining paths.. I checked class after class after nodelist after nodelist and for the life of me, couldnt find it…

Turns out the A* I was using was flawed itself.. still not sure where, but rebuilt it with a couple tutorials here and there, and now its working beautifully. So far I’ve launched 2000 ships with varying speeds and everyone has made it to port safely. They hug the coast sometimes, but it works quite nicely really.

I also have it set now to handle collisions with the shipwrecks, as well as other ships on the map.. I still have to build some of those screens, but the trigger is built. Now I think i want to see about adding a wake to the ships..