Ok… So spent the day yesterday working on the creature encounters.. Got that all finished, difficulties tweaked for now…

I modified the HUD used on the encounter screen a bit to clean it up and added buttons more in line with what the rest of the HUD.. I also added in some health bars for the player ships and enemies and adjusted their positions based on what tyope of enemy it was.. 

Also I built in a couple new particle systems for the critters and changed their draw order to het the effects I wanted.. So far it all looks good and works.. 

Today Im going to start integrating all of the encounter stuff into the main game… and cross our fingers it goes easy.. Well, here goes nothing!